Thursday, February 10, 2011

Project Wine Crate



For those of you who don’t know, I …LOVE…WINE. I am no wine connoisseur but I will just keep taste testing until I get there :)


So my love of wine has brought the idea of making something out of its crates. Why let them go to waste?
I have come across many blogs and websites that give wonderful ideas to reuse the crates, but I kept waiting for the perfect one for me. I decided on a dining table along with hanging cut wine bottles above the table for lighting . I am going to cut the panels like planks of flooring and lay it out as the top of my table. As for the lighting, I am cutting the bottoms off wine bottles and hanging them like a pendant light. Here are some pictures that I came across to help you envision this. I hope it turns out the way I picture it in my head…we shall see!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled onto your blog today. I love the idea of creating a table out of wine crate labels. Will keep my eye out for them (possibly on ebay). I also love the wine bottle lights!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay! I just had my table delivered this week. Most people would cringe at the thought of refacing a perfectly good table, but I can't wait, haha. I am working on it this week and will be updating the progress so please check back to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete